- Your liver has to break down the alcohol that you drink (your brain actually tries to break down alcohol too but more info on that later). It does this with good enzymes called ADH (Alcohol dehydrogenase) & ALDH (Aldehyde dehydrogenase)
- This breakdown process creates two toxins: Acetaldehyde which is further metabolized to Acetate
- Your body’s slow removal of these two toxins creates your hangover
- Alcohol isn’t just broken down in the liver. It is also metabolized in non-liver tissues such as the brain. The products on the market right now mostly only focus on the liver. Few if any offer a solution to help protect your brain like Night Out
- Protect the liver and brain by speeding up breakdown of these two toxins: Acetaldehyde & Acetate
- One dose of Night Out does this in a few unique ways:
- Japanese Raisin Tree (DHM): Protects the liver and increases the energy of your natural ADH/ALDH which speeds up the breakdown of the two bad toxins Acetaldehyde & Acetate
- Our unique combination of ALA, ALCAR, Milk Thistle, and Vitamin C work together to help clear Acetaldehyde from your body and help protect your brain which enables you to think sharper
- We blended a combination of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory minerals and botanicals (less brain swelling and headaches) as well as next morning calming effects (less nausea and being sick) to ensure you’ve got the best shot at your day’s activities!
If you want even more details and science!
According to the National Institute of Health, alcohol “is absorbed primarily from the small intestine into the veins that collect blood from the stomach and bowels and from the portal vein, which leads to the liver. From there it is carried to the liver, where it is exposed to enzymes and metabolized.” Your liver has to break down alcohol with enzymes known as alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH). These enzymes break down the alcohol molecule. ADH first metabolizes alcohol to acetaldehyde, which is very toxic. Acetaldehyde is further metabolized to acetate, which can then be broken down into water and carbon dioxide to be eliminated from the body. The slow removal of these two toxins plays an important role in creating your hangover. It’s also notable that alcohol also is metabolized in non-liver tissues that do not contain ADH, such as the brain. There are quite a few products on the market that only focus on metabolizing alcohol in the liver, but very few, if any, offer a solution to protect the brain.
Night Out helps protect vital organs, and speeds up the metabolism of alcohol in the liver AND the brain. The primary ingredients of Night Out include Japanese Raisin Tree as (98%) Dihydromyricetin (DHM), Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR), Milk Thistle, along with Vitamin C and E, B vitamins, Magnesium, Zinc, and Black Pepper Fruit Extract.
Studies have shown that DHM can lower blood alcohol levels. This means that DHM could help people metabolize alcohol more quickly and efficiently. ALCAR is another active ingredient and is a neuroprotective and cognitive-enhancing amino acid. Studies have been shown that ALCAR provides protective effects against alcohol-induced oxidative neuroinflammation, neuronal degeneration, and impaired neurotransmission. ALA is a powerful antioxidant that can easily cross the blood-brain barrier and protect the brain, and vitamin C to help clear acetaldehyde from your body.
ALCAR and ALA are synergistic and have been shown to prevent brain inflammation and neurotransmitter impairment caused by alcohol. There is research that suggests ALCAR and ALA may even reverse some level of brain damage and restore healthy brain function after drinking alcohol.
Milk Thistle has also been included as an added antioxidant to further help protect the liver, process, metabolize acetaldehyde, and remove toxins from the body.
Vitamins B, C, and E, along with Magnesium and Zinc offer neuroprotective and antioxidant effects on the body and brain. Vitamin B is often depleted during alcohol consumption and needs to be replenished. These vitamins may also mitigate the effects of alcohol. Taking vitamin C before alcohol consumption may also increase the rate at which alcohol is cleared from the blood.
Black Pepper Fruit extract is another high level antioxidant and studies suggest it may help with reducing free radical damage, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, has potential brain and heart benefits, and may help with absorption of the other supplement ingredients.